Strengthening Vietnam Women’s Union’s capacity of financial planning and resource mobilizing and raising community’s awareness to respond to domestic violence in Viet Nam (in short: Financial capacity to reduce domestic violence)
Vietnam Women’s Union (VWU)
Spanish Agency for International Development Cooperation (AECID)
The project “Financial capacity to reduce domestic violence” implemented by VWU with the financial support from AECID aims to strengthen the broad-sided capacity of the Women’s Unions at all levels to prevent and respond to domestic violence against women. Important outcomes of the project are increased public awareness on the issues of domestic violence and effective assistance to women and children experiencing domestic violence. To achieve these outcomes, communication materials are developed, including booklets on theater pieces, Q&As, scenarios of domestic violence.
This material is based on the theater pieces, Q&As, scenarios of domestic violence that were developed and used by project provinces (Bac Ninh, Da Nang, Kon Tum and Can Tho) in competitions/cultural get-togethers/communication campaigns in communities and schools in 2010 (school events covered the issue of school fighting too). The above material has been collected by the PMU for revision.
The revised material will be printed and used for project activities and domestic violence prevention purpose in 4 project provinces and other provinces.
Raise the public awareness on the issues of domestic violence; increase legal knowledge and ability to deal with DV situations by Women’s Union staff and related agencies.
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR THE CONSULTANCY:
Under the supervision and guidance of the Central Project Management Unit, the consultant will revise the theater pieces, Q&As and scenarios of domestic violence that were developed and used by project provinces in 2010 and collected by PMU. The consultant’s duties include:
- Select the suitable contents and good-quality pieces; ensure the final material to be selected and compact.
- Edit the Q&As, scenarios and theater pieces to be in line with legal regulation and ensure gender sensitvity.
- To add some other contents (when needed).
DESCRIPTION OF COMMUNICATION MATERIALS:
* It is anticipated that the outputs include the 4 booklets:
-Theater pieces on domestic violence (for community use)
-Theater pieces on domestic violence and school fighting (for school use)
-Q&As and scenarios of domestic violence (for community use)
-Q&As and scenarios of domestic violence and school fighting (for school use)
of which the theater pieces booklets are no more 70 pages and the Q&As and scenarios booklets are no more than 40 pages (size A4).
* Users: community, project collaborators, Women’s Union staff, related agencies in DV prevention.
* The booklets will be used in communication activities, cultural competition/get-together, community meetings, club meetings, women group meetings, school events, training courses or as reference material on domestic violence and school fighting.
NUMBER OF WORKING DAYS:Maximum 8 working days
- Individuals/firm providing consultancy is required to have excellent experience on development of communication materials.
- Knowledge and experience on development area, domestic violence is needed.
- In-depth understanding on Vietnam law, WU system and related agencies in the field of domestic violence prevention and responses is an advantage.
Please contact Ms. Mac Duong Linh, Project Accountant/Admin. Assistant, at e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org, before 7 March 2011. only short-listed candidates are invited to interview.