VWU’s functions, tasks and structure Posted: Aug 05,2014
1. Representing and protecting the legitimate and legal rights and interests of women from all strata; participating in the building of the Party and management of the State.
2. Uniting and encouraging women to implement the line and orientation of the Party, the policies and laws of the State and mobilizing the society to realize gender equality.
1. To raise awareness and educate women about politics, ways of thinking, revolutionary ideology, morality, lifestyle; the line and stance of the Party, and the policies and laws of the State.
2. To encourage women across all levels of society to proactively implement the line of the Party and the policies and laws of the State, to participate in building the Party and State, and in socio-economic development and national defense; to encourage and support women to enhance their capacity and knowledge, and to build happy families; and improve thematerial and spiritual life of women.
3. To participate in advising, proposing, formulating, giving social counter-arguments on, and supervising of the implementation of the line of the Party and the policies and laws of the State concerning the legitmate and legal rights and interests of women, family and children.
4. To build and develop a strong VWU organization.
5. To unite and enter into cooperation with women of other countries, and progressive organizations and individuals in the region and in the world for equality, development, and peace.
The Vietnam Women’s Union is organized in four levels:
1. The central level
2. The provincial/municipal and equivalent level (the called“provincial level”);
3. The district/precinct/provincial capital and equivalent level(the called “district level”);
4. The commune/ward and equivalent level (the called “grassroots level”)
The highest body of the Union is the National Women’s Congress.
The leading body of the Union at each level is the Congress of Delegates or the Plenary Congress of all members at that level.
The Congress at every level shall be convened regularly once every 5 years.
The functional bodies of the Union at the central, provincial and district level serve as the advisory and supporting bodies for the Executive Committee, the Presidium, or the Standing Committee at that level.